Intensive course main topics
- UNESCO Global Geoparks – The new UNESCO quality label
- Global Geoparks Network : Promoting Geoparks – the innovative sustainable tourism destinations
- Best practices in geotourism in UNESCO Global Geoparks
- Interpreting geological heritage for the general public – Infrastructure and activities
- Landscape and nature tourism development in Geoparks (guided walks, birdwatching, plant and nature observation, etc)
- Geotouristic activities in Geoparks (diving, trekking, climbing, sailing, kanyoning, mountenbike, adventure tourism,etc)
- Geoparks and Education activities for University field courses
- Intangible heritage and Geoheritage in Geoparks : a geotourism product
- Geoparks, local gastronomy and geotourism development.
- Monitoring geotourism activities – Sustainable tourism indicators
The course is taught in English. The program includes lectures, workshops, in-course presentations, field work, group work and a final participant presentation.